I love the hardware, I love the OS, the iPhone is an amazing device. But, when the iPhone was released, it was locked to AT&T's network, which I normally understand IF the handset is subsidized. The iPhone wasn't (at first) so you had to pay full cost for the device and sign a contract w/ The DeathStar. Bogus.
Even Microsoft Mobile Handsets are not entirely under the control of M$ and you can jailbreak an iPhone to work on another GSM carrier. But that's not the point. If I shell out $600 for what's basically a computer, I want to use it with the provider of choice.
What if I bought a Dell Netbook & it came with 6 months free AOL and I may be an idiot so I sign up. Then, I discover how much AOL sucks and I want to go with Comcast...but Dell has a contract w/ AOL so they won't let use my NetBook on any network other than AOL's. That's BULLSH*T!
Apple has also expanded their control over OSX to be only put on their devices they deem worthy as shown by the recent
Psystar Case. So, I was taking out my trash last night and saw two Macs sitting next to the dumpster and thought I would express myself and how many people think different. Enjoy.
~Matt

No comments:
Post a Comment